This event is hosted by Children in Wales.
09:30 – 15:30
One Day Course
This virtual course looks at issues relating to LGBT children and young people and their relationship to child development. Looking at issues of sexuality and gender recognition and how to support children, parents and professional environments. The course will look to instil confidence in practitioners and managers in dealing with these issues.
This course is aimed at practitioners working with children and young people to improve their practice and create LGBT friendly environments. This includes practitioners working in the Early Years through to post puberty.
By the end of the course participants will have a greater knowledge and understanding of:
- Child development
- Key stages form birth to adulthood
- The rate and sequence of development
- Lesbian, gay and bi-sexual sexualities
- LGBT identities
- Transgender and issues of gender reassignment
- Children’s rights and children’s views
- Addressing concerns of parents