24th June: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
A one-day course
Everyone involved in education must have an understanding of their role and responsibilities to safely recruit people who will be suitable to take up roles within nurseries, schools and colleges in order to ensure that children and young persons are safeguarded. This safer recruitment course uses the Safer Recruitment Consortium materials. The Safer Recruitment Consortium is DfE backed- the consortium members are the NSPCC, The Lucy Faithful Foundation, CAPE and NASS. The course is designed to help delegates identify the importance of safer recruitment of staff and volunteers. The course references all relevant research and legislative responsibilities and duties.
- Prevalence of abuse and profile of abusers
- How abusers operate within organisations
- Features of a safer recruitment process
- Planning a safer recruitment process
- Making the right decisions: interview and selection
- Setting acceptable standards of behaviour
- Maintaining an ongoing culture of vigilance
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at proprietors, Governing bodies, Governors, Head teachers, Human resources staff, and any staff who may be involved in the staff and volunteer recruitment process within their establishment.