The Workforce Development Survey 2017 was designed, developed, implemented and analysed by Early Years – the organisation for young children, on behalf of the Childcare Partnerships.
The purpose of the survey was to:
- Clarify the availability of childcare places and their location across Northern Ireland.
- Profile the current qualifications held by early years practitioners.
- Identify future training and qualification needs.
- Inform and support the development of early years policy, including the Executive Childcare Strategy.
- Facilitate the development of a business case aimed at supporting sectoral need.