Care Leavers paid internship
Care leavers paid internship is one way the Civil Service is showing our commitment to Care Leavers.
Our paid internships are available at two levels:
- Administrative Officer (typical salary £17,400 per annum); you will be working in a supporting administrative role with no line management responsibilities, and typically within a team structure.
- Executive Officer (typical salary £20,000 per annum); you will be involved in problem solving, business planning and policy making within Government. They usually work within a supportive team structure, under the direction of relevant team leaders. They can also hold individual responsibility for pieces of work within a programme or project. Those that apply unsuccessfully for the Executive Officer role may be considered for the Administrative Officer role.
Big Lottery Community fund
National Lottery Awards for All offers funding from £300 to £10,000 to support what matters to people and communities. You can apply if your organisation is a:
- voluntary or community organisation
- registered charity
- constituted group or club
- not-for-profit company or Community Interest Company
- social enterprise
- statutory body (including town, parish and community council).
National Lottery Awards for All has three funding priorities and you must be able to explain in your application how your project or activity will:
- bring people together and build strong relationships in and across communities
- improve the places and spaces that matter to communities
- enable more people to fulfil their potential by working to address issues at the earliest possible stage.
- You can find out more from the Community Fund website.
Prince’s Trust Cymru Development Awards
Aged 16-30? You could be eligible for a payment, of up to £250 to help you into work, education or volunteering.
Development Awards can help fund:
- Tools or equipment for your job or qualification e.g. hairdressing kit, carpentry tools, chef’s whites, personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Course and training fees
- Clothing for interviews or work experience
- License fees e.g. CSCS card (construction) or SIA license (security)
- Childcare costs to help single parents access short term education
- Transport costs e.g. bus/rail travel to a new job until your first salary payment
For more information:
Freephone 0800 842 842
Text ‘Call me’ to 07983 385 418