Please note: This event is being hosted externally and not through Exchange Wales. Family & Community external events listings are posted to inform the wider community about external events including workshops, opportunities for families, children and young people, and helpful resources.
8 September 2022
9.30 am – 3.30 pm
A sound knowledge of child development is essential when working with children. Having knowledge about typical patterns of development helps to identify where there are concerns that a child may be ‘off track’ & may need additional support. A good understanding of development can help keep children safe, promote wellbeing, assist in assessment and inform which interventions/support is most suited to their needs.
This course is for anyone working with children from 0-12 who want to increase their understanding of what to expect of children at certain stages of development.
- Understand the growth and development of children 0-12 years
- Consider growth across different domains of development, including brain development
- Consider factors that contribute to delaying or interrupting a child’s development
- Explore the impact that adversity and trauma can have on child development
- Explore the importance of play in the development of children
- Consider the available tools to observe and assess a child’s development, and the options to support a child’s developmental needs
- Reflect on how to support parents and carers to promote positive outcomes for children
ExChange Wales is not responsible for external links or resources.