Please note: This event is being hosted externally and not through Exchange Wales. Family & Community external events listings are posted to inform the wider community about external events including workshops, opportunities for families, children and young people, and helpful resources.
09:30 – 16:00
14 June 2022
12 July 2022
17 August 2022
06 December 2022
A One Day Course
This course is fun and involves engaging exercises.
The course will set out the theoretical and legislative framework for children’s participation in Wales and involve techniques that can be used directly with children. The majority of the course will explore the methods that can be used with children on an individual and group bases to include them as widely as possible in decisions that affect their everyday lives. Participants will feel empowered to use practical tools to support children’s participation.
This Welsh Government funded course is aimed at those organisations whom mainly work with primary to lower secondary age pupils.
- Gain an understanding of Children’s Rights and Participation
- What ‘Participation’ means for children of different ages
- Have an understanding of the Legislative Framework
- Gain skills for working with Children
- Barriers and possible solutions to participation
- Develop an organisational Action Plan
ExChange Wales is not responsible for external links or resources.