Please note: This event is being hosted externally and not through Exchange Wales. Family & Community external events listings are posted to inform the wider community about external events including workshops, opportunities for families, children and young people, and helpful resources.
19 May 2022, 10.00am – 4.00pm
Online via Zoom
This course is aimed at social care professionals who are engaged in the assessment of prospective adoptive parents, foster carers and kinship carers and who wish to increase their awareness and confidence in considering gender issues in assessment, analysis and decision making.
This learning outcomes for this course are:
- To explore what we mean by the term diversity and how these impacts on our practice
- To consider anti-discriminatory and anti-oppressive practice as core principles in working with prospective adopters, foster carers and kinship carers
- Explore gender identity, and diversity issues relating to gender
- Consider our own values and beliefs about different people and groups in society and critically reflect on the impact of personal values on professional judgements and decision making
- To increase awareness and confidence in the assessment of transgender applicants
- To consider diversity in practice – recruitment, assessment, panels, family finding, matching and support.
- Consider the implications of all these factors in undertaking effective assessments and making appropriate decisions
This training is suitable for social workers, social work managers, panel members, decision makers and those being considered for those roles.
Full or associate CoramBAAF member – £115.00 + £23.00 VAT = £138
Individual CoramBAAF member – £95.00 + £19.00 VAT = £114.00
Non-member – £140.00 + £28.00 VAT = £168.00
*Adopters/Fosters carers – £95.00 + £19.00 VAT = £114.00
*Please contact our events team via email to secure your place.
Telephone 020 7520 2043
ExChange Wales is not responsible for external links or resources.