This event is hosted by Children in Wales.
18 & 19/01/2021
09:30 – 16:30
A two-day course
Our ability to work with others is, in part, dependent on the quality of support and supervision we receive. This course is designed for individuals who have responsibility for supervising other members of staff. Participants will be able to link together the identification of training and supervision needs, support and appraisal, in a systematic and coherent package, which will be of benefit to the individual and the organisation.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Explored the meaning and purpose of staff development and how it links with job satisfaction and motivation
- Identified a range of opportunities for staff development from induction, supervision, mentoring to training
- Identified and practiced the skills involved in providing effective supervision
- Considered some of the barriers – personal and organisational – to effective supervision and ways of overcoming these
- Explored how supervision prepares for, and links with, appraisal
- Begun to develop a strategy for implementing and/or improving supervision and staff development in their organisation