The Talk With Me: Speech, Language and Communication (SLC) Delivery Plan 2020-21 was published for consultation on 30 January 2020.
The delivery plan has been developed in consultation with the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT) and the Flying Start SLC Clinical Excellence Network which has helped us identify the actions we need to take over the coming years.
This cross-government plan which includes Education, Health, and ‘Social Policy’, will lead to a more joined-up approach to engaging with families, and builds upon existing families and what works.
It consults on:
- raising parental awareness of engaging with young children through SLC
- identifying any SLC issues early and providing appropriate support
- providing further SLC training within the childcare workforce
- reviewing our policies and strategies
How to respond
Submit your comments by 23 April 2020, in any of the following ways:
- Respond online
- Submit an email: Download the response form, complete and return to FlyingStart2@gov.wales
- By post: Download the response form, complete and return to:
Children and Families Division
Communities and Tackling Poverty Directorate
If you would like to attend a consultation event taking place in either Swansea of Llandudo then please complete the below forms and return them to FlyingStart2@gov.wales