Please note: This event is being hosted externally and not through Exchange Wales. Family & Community external events listings are posted to inform the wider community about external events including workshops, opportunities for families, children and young people, and helpful resources.
5 May 2022
09.30 am – 4:00 pm
A one-day fully interactive course delivered by an expert trainer to a limited number of attendees in ‘real time’.
The purpose of the training is to give participants confidence and essential knowledge on how to work with others to safeguard the children, young people and adults at risk in their environment.
- Learn about the key legislation, guidance, policies and procedures for safeguarding the welfare of children and young people,
- Understand the roles of different agencies involved in safeguarding the welfare of children and adults
- Understand working practices essential to keeping children, young people and practitioners safe in a work setting including E safety
- Identify the characteristics of different types of abuse and neglect and the indicators that these may be taking place
- Know how to respond effectively to evidence or concerns that someone has been abused, or neglected
- Good practice in record keeping
- Be able to describe the principles and boundaries of confidentiality and when to share information
The course is aimed at anyone working directly or indirectly with children, young people and adults at risk in a wide range of workplace and community settings.
ExChange Wales is not responsible for external links or resources.