Please note: This event is being hosted externally and not through Exchange Wales. Family & Community external events listings are posted to inform the wider community about external events including workshops, opportunities for families, children and young people, and helpful resources.
13 April 2022
9.30 am – 4.00 pm
This course compliments that of the Child Development training and looks at children as they develop into adolescents.
This course examines the teenage years in terms of physical, psychological, emotional and social development. Examining the issues and looking at how that understanding can help with engaging with and affectively supporting young people.
This course is for practitioners working with teenagers and want to understand how their brains work and how this manifests itself in behaviour.
- An Understanding of the stages of development – intellectual and social-emotional
- Communicating – How to talk to teenagers
- Building relationships – building trust, learning to negotiate, setting boundaries
- Understanding stress factors – peer pressure, sex and relationships, substance misuse, bullying, abuse and trauma
- How to promote independence and resilience
ExChange Wales is not responsible for external links or resources.