Please note: This event is being hosted externally and not through Exchange Wales. Family & Community external events listings are posted to inform the wider community about external events including workshops, opportunities for families, children and young people, and helpful resources.
12 April 2022
9.30 am – 4 pm
A sound knowledge of child development is essential when working with children. Having knowledge about typical patterns of development helps to identify where there are concerns that a child may be ‘off track’ & may need additional support. A good understanding of development can help keep children safe, promote wellbeing, assist in assessment and inform which interventions/support is most suited to their needs.
This course is for anyone working with children from 0-12 who want to increase their understanding of what to expect of children at certain stages of development.
- Understand the growth and development of children 0-12 years
- Consider growth across different domains of development, including brain development
- Consider factors that contribute to delaying or interrupting a child’s development
- Explore the impact that adversity and trauma can have on child development
- Explore the importance of play in the development of children
- Consider the available tools to observe and assess a child’s development, and the options to support a child’s developmental needs
- Reflect on how to support parents and carers to promote positive outcomes for children
ExChange Wales is not responsible for external links or resources.