Please note: This event is being hosted externally and not through Exchange Wales. Family & Community external events listings are posted to inform the wider community about external events including workshops, opportunities for families, children and young people, and helpful resources.
14 March 2023
09:30 – 16:00
The aim of the course is to raise awareness and develop an increased understanding of autism in order to continually improve the quality of support to children on the spectrum and their families/carers.
This course will be facilitated by a trainer who is experienced and knowledgeable in the field of autism through her professional and personal life. This personal experience and empathic insight gives a real and unique dimension to the training offered. The course will encourage inclusive participation to ensure the day is not only informative but also enjoyable.
- Gain an increased understanding of autism spectrum disorder/condition.
- Be able to identify the key features of autism and how it can impact on children.
- Gain an increased understanding of the importance of communication and preparation to reduce anxiety.
- Explore positive strategies to support and enable children with autism to develop their full potential.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the potential concerns of parents and practitioners and explore pro-active strategies of support.
Who the course is aimed at:
The course is ideal for practitioners working with children in a wide range of settings and for parents/carers, to raise awareness and increase an understanding of autism.
ExChange Wales is not responsible for external links or resources.