Please note: This event is being hosted externally and not through Exchange Wales. Family & Community external events listings are posted to inform the wider community about external events including workshops, opportunities for families, children and young people, and helpful resources.
13 September 2022
9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
The 2015 report by Public Health Wales, the Welsh Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) Study states “There is a growing body of evidence that our experiences during childhood can affect health throughout the life course. Children who experience stressful and poor quality childhoods are more likely to adopt health-harming behaviours during adolescence, which can themselves lead to mental health illnesses and diseases such as cancer, heart disease and diabetes later in life.”
“Adverse Childhood Experiences are not just a concern for health. Experiencing Adverse Childhood Experiences means individuals are more likely to perform poorly in school, more likely to be involved in crime and ultimately less likely to be a productive member of society”.
This course is aimed at professionals working with children & young people who are interested in building an understanding of ACE’s.
- To explore Adverse Childhood Experiences
- To have a better understanding of their impact on children and adults in later life
- To have an a greater understanding of substance misuse, mental health, domestic abuse and violence and their effects on children
- To explore a “Good” childhood
- To increase knowledge of Resilience
- To have skills and confidence to build resilience with children and young people
ExChange Wales is not responsible for external links or resources.