Please note: This event is being hosted externally and not through Exchange Wales. Family & Community external events listings are posted to inform the wider community about external events including workshops, opportunities for families, children and young people, and helpful resources.
22 September & 1 December 2023
09:30AM – 12:30PM
This half-day course is fully interactive by and delivered by one of Children in Wales’ expert trainers.
The purpose of the training is to give participants confidence and essential knowledge on how to safeguard the children and young people in their environment.
As a result of the training participants will:
- Learn about the key legislation, guidance, policies and procedures for safeguarding the welfare of children and young people, including E-safety
- Understand the roles of different agencies involved in safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Understand safe working practices essential to keeping children, young people and practitioners safe in a work setting
- Identify the characteristics of different types of child abuse and how to identify these in practice
- Know how to respond effectively to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused, or neglected
- Be able to describe the principles and boundaries of confidentiality and when to share information
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at anyone working directly or indirectly with children and young people in a wide range of workplace and community settings.
ExChange Wales is not responsible for external links or resources.