Please note: This event is being hosted externally and not through Exchange Wales. Family & Community external events listings are posted to inform the wider community about external events including workshops, opportunities for families, children and young people, and helpful resources.
21 September 2023
9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
This course is designed for staff supporting families where children use online social networking. It aims to give them an understanding of the risks involved and identify the sources of support and information, which may enable them to secure devices and control children’s access to inappropriate materials. The course will equip learners with practical guidance how they can support families to reduce the risk for children going online. The course is accompanied by a detailed and regularly updated directory of materials, advice and resources, which leaners can continue to access to following the course.
The course covers:
- The Growth of the internet and Social Networking
- Risks and Fears of children using Social Media
- Social Networking and the Teenage Brain
- Expectation about E-safety and Social Networking
- Four Steps program to E-safety
- Age Ratings and sources of practical information
- Parenting styles and Parenting controls
- What to do when things go wrong
ExChange Wales is not responsible for external links or resources.