Please note: This event is being hosted externally and not through Exchange Wales. Family & Community external events listings are posted to inform the wider community about external events including workshops, opportunities for families, children and young people, and helpful resources.
4 & 5 July 2023
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
The Designated Safeguarding Lead has a vital role to ensure safeguards are in place and effective actions taken when concerns for a child arise.
This two-day course will benefit those acting in the ‘Designated Lead’ role or will take the role as deputy. It is relevant to various settings, i.e. schools, childcare, voluntary & private services providing activities, learning & support to children & families.
- Understand the purpose, importance & role of the ‘Designated Lead’ & what it means in your setting
- Knowledge of relevant legislation & guidance on safeguarding children and young people within the Welsh and UK context
- Explore the roles of safeguarding partners in the multiagency context
- Understand the statutory child protection system & expectancies
- Explore the ‘abuse of trust’ concept & being alert to potential offences in the organisation
- Understand how values and beliefs affect responses to safeguarding
- The emotional impact of the work
- Identify essential safeguarding measures needed in place
- Assessing & reporting concerns to social services
- Identify barriers & consider solutions to information sharing
- Good record & confidentiality keeping
- Diversity & additional vulnerabilities for some children
- Engage staff & volunteers in their safeguarding responsibilities
ExChange Wales is not responsible for external links or resources.